- What is exactly an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) for Canada?
All visa-exempt foreign nationals travelling to Canada by air are required to hold a valid ETA prior their arrival to Canada. This is an electronic authorization linked to the visitor's passport and is valid for five years or until the passport expires, whichever comes first.
- Is there any age exemption for an ETA?
No. Every traveller is requiring an ETA regardless of the age of the applicant.
- Which is the validity of the ETA once I have it granted?
Granted eTA is valid for up to five years or until the passport expires, whichever comes first.
- How much time should it take to have a the Granted ETA?
Normally ETA's are granted in the first 24 hours, but there may be some cases where applications can require up to 72 hours before having it approved.
- How many people can be included in one unique ETA application?
The application through our form can receive several applicants. However the Granted ETA's received will be one per each travellers.
- Can I buy the flight ticket before having the Granted ETA?
We don't recommend you to buy any flight ticket or hotel reservation till you have the Granted ETA. Normally is just a matter of time to get it approved, but some times applications can be rejected.
- What kind of personal data is required to provide to complete the ETA Application?
The most important is the biographic information that you can find in the passport. This includes the name, date, place of birth, marital status, address, nationality, gender and passport number. Finally you will also need to answer some background questions to let the Canadian Government if you are granted to entry to Canada.
- Why am I asked about the money I will have in my trip for applying for the Canada ETA?
The Canadian Government firstly is checking if you have relatives or familiars in Canada to see if you are in danger to be without help if you have any incident during your trip to Canada. In addition, to make sure that in case you have any problem you will be able to find the solution by yourself, the Canadian government wants to know how much money you will have available to solve any incident.
- Is it mandatory to have an ETA if i'm stopping in Canada while travelling somewhere else?
Yes. Although you are just staying in Canada in transit to a different country you will need a valid travel permission in order to finish your travel.
- Is it mandatory to have an ETA if I visit Canada by sea or by car?
No, ETA for Canada is only required for air visitors. In case you are going to Canada by car or by sea you will need a different document.